Thursday, July 24, 2008

End of an Era

I resigned from Setting Captives Free today. It was very, very hard to do it. However, I think that this will ultimately be for the best. I just don't have the time for it anymore. I found myself spending at least an hour of every workday on it, which I just couldn't do with a clear conscience. Plus, my attitude has been slowly degrading. I just don't care about my students like I should.

It is very hard to leave behind all the people who were serving under me. I kept hearing about how much they appreciated me and were praying for me. Plus, the leaders above me have consistently expressed their love and appreciation for me. It's hard to leave like this, but I think it's time.

I don't know what God has in store in the short-term, but I do think that the 5 1/2 years I spent serving with SCF will be a great foundation for any future ministry to which I may be called.

No comments: