Sunday, December 23, 2007

Finished

I finished going through my Discipleship Journal reading plan yesterday. Today I read about half of Psalm 119. I realize that I need to spend some daily time in the Greek New Testament. I wrote the same thing last year around this time, but now I'm better equipped for it.

I'm looking forward to starting with a fresh reading plan, but I do think I'll wait until Jan 1. The question is whether I'll stick to the ESV or if I'll try to read my NIV Archaeological Study Bible that I know I'm getting for Christmas?

One thing that occurred to me yesterday was how incredible it is to live in a country where I can read whatever Bible I want whenever I want to read it. It's also kind of staggering to consider how many Bible resources I have in my house. I've written on this before, but if you want to do any year-end pondering of things, think about how it is so easy for us to read the Word with the kind of fervor described in Psalm 119.

No comments: