Friday, February 17, 2006

Surprised?!?

I got to enjoy the company of a few coworkers today over a glass of excellent beer at Horniblows Tavern. I don't do this very often anymore as I do what I can to be a good husband and father. Given how hard my wife works all day I figure the least I can do is be home as soon as possible. But my wife graciously wanted me to have a good time with friends today and I went out.

The funny thing is that one of my coworkers was absolutely shocked to hear that I would go out for a drink. It's strange to see how people perceive you. The thing I can't decide if this is good or bad.

It's good I guess that I seem to live an upright, clean-cut lifestyle. That's the kind of witness I want to have. But it's bad in that I'm not seen at all like a regular guy. I don't really want to be perceived as just another guy who pounds a six pack of beer every Friday night, gorges himself on wings, and ends up at the club. But if I'm not at least somewhat approachable how can I talk to people about Jesus?

No comments: