Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Desiring More

We were blessed to help our friends Mark and Laura move to Budapest, Hungary to become missionaries there. Please do take a minute to check out their site.

I read the hardcopy of their newsletter this evening and somehow it all began to truly resonate with me. I tried to imagine picking up stakes and moving my family to an Eastern European country like that. I can't get my mind around it! Amanda and I visited Italy last May and that was great. But it was not that hard because just about everyone spoke English and Amanda and I both took Romance languages back in high school. Hungarian is supposedly one of the most difficult languages to learn and yet Mark and Laura decided to immerse themselves in it! Not to mention their 3 boys!

Seeing this kind of faith and courage makes me want more. Here I am doing what I do every day. I don't want to diminsh what I do in my ministry because I believe it is important. I hope that every now and again I make some positive impact in a friend's or coworker's life. But seeing this kind of faith just makes me want to do so much more for the kingdom of God.

Would you please join me in praying for Mark and Laura? Their specific requests are:

- Pray that God would give them a supernatural ability to learn the language
- Pray that their friend Kristof would be open to spiritual things
- Pray that they could connect with their friend Szabolcs
- Pray that they would have wisdom as they prepare for the summer camp programs
- Pray for their 4 year-old Seth as he adjusts to language and culture in his preschool

No comments: