Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Spinning Head

I had a tough realization last night. I did well in making time for daily Greek review Friday - Monday. But what I forgot was to spend some time reading the chapters for today's lecture. I did that last night and today at lunch. Now my head is spinning with cases for nouns. Nominative, accusative (I think that's right), genitive, dative...what is all this stuff? There are these charts called "paradigms" that we can memorize to make parsing an translation easier. I'm glad that I have a professor who will hopefully make all this clear tonight. I just wish that I had started this earlier in the week so that I could listen to the lectures on the CD.

Life just seems so full right now. But it's all with good stuff, so I can't be too uptight about it. I found myself at a Gamestop yesterday and I seriously considered buying a used copy of Star Wars Battlefront II. It looks like a lot of fun, but I just don't know when I'd play it since I think it would be "too scary" for Lily. She probably doesn't need to see that much violence at 3 years old.

If you read this I would appreciate prayers for perseverance. Oh, and prayers that I'll understand what declension is all about too.

No comments: