Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Middle of the Term

I just had my Greek midterm last night. Now through the years I considered myself a pretty good test-taker. I've had nightmares about being completely unprepared for a test, but it's never really happened, to my recollection. I do recall having some pretty rough times when I took physical chemistry, but that was about it. I never got nervous before the PSAT, SAT, or ACT. I guess this is about the closest I can relate to an athlete who doesn't get nervous before a game.

But last night's test had me a bit rattled. We're to the point where we know all the verb tenses in the indicative mood. I don't know if that sounds like more or less than what we learned, but I can tell you that it is quite a bit. We also have learned the basics of participles (-ing words). There was so much swimming around in my head that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to perform on the test.

Looking back, I think it went well. I'll know more when I get my grade, but unless I missed a lot more than I think (I know I mistranslated one noun -- d'oh) I think I should be in the mid to high 90s, which is where I want to be.

I think my anxiety may be coming from my planned career change. I now have thoughts of going on to pursue a doctorate and that means I am going to need to set the bar pretty high for my grades. Plus, it feels different in seminary. I more or less know my professors and I feel like doing poorly on an exam would be insulting to them. I'd hate to insult them.

It feels good to have that behind me. Now I need to get cracking on finishing my research for my paper that I need to write this week...

No comments: