Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Greeked Out

So it's finally over for a while. I took my Greek final last night and I think it went OK. I did the math and, assuming that we get to throw out one quiz grade, I'm pretty sure that I only needed an 88 to get an A in the class. I would be surprised if I got less than 92, so I feel pretty good about it. I could have been more prepared for the vocab part though. I kick myself every time I miss a vocab word because I know that is only due to poor preparation.

It's hard for me to get up for the Theology exam coming up next Sunday. I know that I likely don't need to do great on that one either. But I also like my professor and want to do well out of respect for him. Plus I am ostensibly pursuing this degree to learn more about the Bible, God, etc. If I start seeing it just as a piece of paper I know that I'll be in trouble.

I guess that means that I need to be ready to hunker down and start studying. I felt like I got lucky on the last one because out of each group of questions there was at least one I could answer satisfactorily. I guess that's what every test comes down to though. It's hard to be ready to answer every possible question.

I'm just ready to start my own self-study with Greek and to get ready for my class in June. I keep thinking of what Yoda said about Luke Skywalker (paraphrased) "Always to the future this one looks. Never where he was...what he was doing." That's been me with my academic career to date.

I remember not being too excited to get my books as an undergrad. Now I can't wait to get them and read them. I like this way better.

No comments: