Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Little Man

We brought home little Noah yesterday. It's been an exciting couple of days. He hasn't shown a ton of personality yet other than wanting to sleep. However, when he is awake and his eyes are open he seems rather thoughtful. Maybe I'm projecting, but it seems like he is going to be a bit more physical than Lily and it also seems like he is going to be less outgoing.

I think I've been a bit more teary-eyed as I held him in the hospital. I really would have been OK with a boy or a girl, but now I see why everyone thought that I would want a boy. It really is great to have him. I guess some of it is a selfish desire to leave something of a legacy. Another is that I am overwhelmed with the duty to raise him as a man of God as much as I possibly can. I realize that Noah's salvation is up to the Lord, but I'm going to do all I can to talk to him about Jesus.

Of course, I'm also going to talk to him about Indians baseball and Ohio State football. They aren't quite as important, but they will get some play :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And I love his name!