Monday, June 04, 2007

Starting the New Class

I'm looking forward to getting out of work and going to school for my class on Missions and Evangelism. It's a one week intensive with a final exam on Saturday morning. I kind of like the idea of a one week class with a final because I won't have a lot of time to forget what I've learned. I also look forward to the subject matter.

On one hand, it's kind of a no-brainer. As Christians, isn't it obvious that we are supposed to evangelize? However, based on the arguments for evangelism in my textbooks, it seems clear that not everyone is on board with what appears to be an obvious command that we've called the Great Commission. There is also much room for debate about methods. What is the best way to evangelize? How can we most effectively spread the gospel.

I will certainly write more as I learn more about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading about what you learn...