Monday, September 03, 2007

My and Daniel Wallace

Like just about anyone else in their second year of Greek, I have my copy of Daniel B. Wallace's Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics. I know that one of my pastors has a copy of this that he got when he got his MDiv.

Frankly, I dreaded reading this book. In the first year of Greek you learn about the five basic cases of nouns (nominative, vocative, genitive, dative, and accusative). Now we're learning about all the flavors of these cases. There are a lot of them! Some of them are pretty obscure, but some happen fairly often. This book has a definition, clarification, and examples for every flavor. I thought that this book would put me to sleep, but I actually find it quite interesting.

I translated 1 Thessalonians 1 today. I'm actually parsing every noun, adjective, verb, and participle this time. I didn't do that last year, though now I wish I had. I feel like it is starting to gel a little bit more.

Better get to my vocab. I need to know 550 words by the time of my final. I'm around 350 now, so I just need to add about 20 each week. Faithful plodding...

No comments: