Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Reminder

Psalms 97:9-12 ESV
(9) For you, O LORD, are most high over all the earth; you are exalted far above all gods.
(10) O you who love the LORD, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
(11) Light is sown for the righteous, and joy for the upright in heart.
(12) Rejoice in the LORD, O you righteous, and give thanks to his holy name!


I came upon this as part of my reading today. There are a couple of points I think bear emphasis:

One is that we must rejoice in the Lord. We are righteous if we are in Christ. Of course, this is not because of anything we did, but because of what He did for us on the cross.

The other is that we are to hate evil. Do I hate evil? I'm afraid I don't hate it as much as this command would seem to indicate I should...

Do you?

No comments: