Tuesday, September 23, 2008

How Great is Our God?

Check out this blog post. It will take you a few minutes, but it is worth it.

In Knowing God, Packer makes the point that God chooses us to be His friend, not the other way around. He likens it to getting a call from the President. Whether you like him or not, chances are you would make time to have lunch with a sitting President. Read that blog post about the vastness of creation and then consider how, if you are in Christ, the creator of all that wonder chose you to call His friend.

That is not something I meditate upon often enough. I get glimpses of it here and there, but I think it is too wonderful for me to really appreciate. It's certainly something to consider though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jason,
I stumbled upon your blog while googling for 'mina project'. Anyway, I truly enjoyed the link to the RootsRain blog post. What an amazing video. And I love the quote...

“Let me create a vastness so large that the human mind can measure it just enough to perceive something of how immeasurable it is. And then I’ll tell them that vastness is weak illustration of how much I love them.”