Monday, August 07, 2006

Feeling Frenetic

I have this sense of not resting at all. I feel like I constantly sit here in front of my computer. I'm either working on schoolwork, work work, or ministry work. My breaks involve meals where I sit and read other stuff (though I didn't read anything at dinner tonight), work on my 2 Peter memorization (finish tomorrow, Lord willing), or practice my rendition of Malaguena on my classical guitar.

I now see why Jesus made rest such a high priority. He didn't do a lot of it, but we do know:

Mark 1:35 ESV
(35) And rising very early in the morning, while it was still dark, he departed and went out to a desolate place, and there he prayed.


I'm good at that rising up very early in the morning while it was still dark part. And I'm good at giving God 10 minutes in prayer. But I feel like I need more. I guess part of why I'm writing this is to ask for prayers for endurance from those who read this and are of the praying type.

As for now, I'm going to bed. Maybe tomorrow I can write about the interesting challenges of writing a paper that is only supposed to be 6-10 pages, is double-spaced in 12 point font with 1 inch margins, and covers a treatment of 5 apologetic methodologies as well as my opinion about one of them. I'm using some big words and concise sentences!

No comments: