Thursday, August 10, 2006

Missing the Pain

Last night was the end of new material for my apologetics class. As I pulled into the driveway yesterday I felt a twinge of sadness over this. Even though it is extremely grueling to have class every night, I will miss it. I've grown quite fond of my class, my professor, and my classmates. It's almost like a small group. Our discussion has helped me see what makes some of the men and women tick. The biggest thing is that I will miss the energy that comes from being in a room full of people who love Christ passionately and want to share that love with the world in an effective way.

I really do appreciate our professor. He is taking tonight to do a review and then tomorrow will just be the final exam. This means that we have two very short nights in a row. And, frankly, Tuesday was a short night too as I only ended up with three pages of notes.

A part of me wonders if there should be more. But I realize that I am now much better equipped to deal with some of the objections and criticisms raised by unbelievers. And what's really cool was to hear a story last night from Chris, the country guy. He's got a very affable personality and part of that is his country twang. He spent about 4 hours on Tuesday evening talking with someone at a restaurant about God. And this person is an astrophysicist or aeronautical engineer. In other words, this is the target for things like the kalam cosmological argument (more on that later).

The funniest bit was Chris saying that the man called him "educated". And in his distinctively country way he replied, "Well, no one's ever accused me of that before". He was ready for this conversation because of this class. God is certainly good. And funny too!

No comments: