Friday, August 10, 2007

A Real Breakfast

I had to break my fast at lunch today. When I got home from my small group I felt kind of funny. I wasn't exactly dizzy. I wasn't lightheaded either. I just felt kind of strange. I went to bed hoping that it would go away after having more juice today.

I had a glass of juice when I first woke up, a smoothie for breakfast, and more juice in the morning. I still felt pretty weird. The best way to describe it is to imagine balancing a baseball bat on its end in the palm of your hand. I felt like the bat. I talked to Amanda about it as well as another experienced mentor and we decided that it was good for me to break the fast.

I don't think I have anything else to prove. I have done this twice before. I was looking forward to the spiritual benefits that come from being really broken over this, but I guess those will have to wait. Amanda kept making the point that she needs me to be as close to 100% as possible. I certainly feel much better after eating a salad for lunch. I'm looking forward to our pizza for dinner.

No comments: