Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Digging Deeper

I finally took the plunge and ordered an ESV Journaling Bible. For the last couple of months I've been writing short notes on my Palm as I read on that. Frankly, I really don't like reading on it that well. I also find that I don't want to write much with that interface. I think two months was a pretty fair try. Note that I did get the tuscan style rather than the base black. I wonder if I'll get any comments made about it. I just know that everyone else has the basic black.

Speaking of journaling, Amanda's Aunt Claudia got me a Moleskine journal. This is telling me that I do need to get back into journaling. After all, that's what the thing is for. Another point on that is someone in my small group spoke well of it and how much he enjoys it. I have tried to use this blog as an online journal, but I don't think it's quite the same. I don't write out too many prayers here either. I may start journaling for some of my prayer time.

Hope has started giving everyone verses to look up through the week. They print this on the back of the sermon notes insert and call it "Digging Deeper." This past week's sermon was on James 1:21-27. Today's topic asked why the tongue is so important. Check out Prov 10:19; Prov 15:2-4; Prov 18:21; Prov 21:23; Jas 3:5-8; 1 Pet 3:10 (really digging that mouse-over, aren't you?). It's really encouraging to see that Hope is pushing us to grow deeper. We're also being encouraged to bring our bibles to church. That should be obvious, but I think we've become lazy with the verses on the big screen. I plan to bring my new journaling bible so I can take notes in there too. It might help me to stay more engaged.

No comments: