Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Looking Back

I don't think 2008 was my best year, but it certainly had a few accomplishments in it. Off the top of my head:

  • I finished reading the Bible again and am planning on doing it twice more in 2009.
  • I went out running 185 times
  • I ran my first 5k and broke the 8:00/mile barrier
  • I remained gainfully employed
  • I managed to blog fairly regularly and with some meat
  • I finished my formal Greek education and began my Hebrew
  • I finally beat the game Thief 3
  • I learned the fundamentals of lockpicking
  • I taught Lily how to play chess
  • I finally got on Facebook and it helped me reconnect with a long-lost friend
These are all personal things. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that there were many big strides made regarding family or work. Work I don't care so much about, but as 2009 looms ahead I see the need to be more affectionate and more "present" with my family. It's great that I spend time with the kids at the grocery store and such, but I particularly need to meet Lily where she is rather than where I want for her to be. This is especially true with Amanda.

For all of you who read this I do pray that 2009 would be a year where you enjoy sweet fellowship with the Lord.

No comments: