Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Being Carried

Psalms 68:19-20
(19) Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation. Selah.
(20) Our God is a God of salvation, and to GOD, the Lord, belong deliverances from death.


Verse 19 is a great encouragement to me. The Lord carries me every day. That happens whether I realize it or not. I think of times when I carry Lily. If I'm taking her where she wants to go, it's a very easy and fun time. If I'm carrying her off to her room or downstairs for a spanking, it's not a lot of fun. I get her there, but neither one of us enjoys the experience much.

I want to walk in a way that is in concert with God. I want to be glad for wherever He is carrying me. I also appreciate the reassurance that this passage offers. I need to respect the attacks of the enemy, but I do not need to give in to them because I am carried by the Lord.

No comments: