Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lead Me Lord

Psalms 43:3-4 ESV
(3) Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!
(4) Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy, and I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.


This little passage seems to contain a key for me. One thing I have hungered for lately is more joy in the Lord. I have prayed along with David that I want a return of the joy of my salvation. I wonder sometimes if I am just chasing an ecstatic experience. Maybe I should try a Pentecostal church?

At any rate, I think that there is a deep peace and joy that Scripture promises us. God provides it for us through His Word. We get to go to Him through Christ. What more could there be in life?

This is something I need to remember more and more. It's easy to forget and become dissatisfied. If I am in Christ (and I think I am) then what more could there be?

Incidentally, note Psalm 42:11 and Psalm 43:5. I think a good argument can be made that these should be read together.

No comments: