Friday, August 15, 2008

Foreshadowing

What does this remind you of?

Psalms 41:7-9 ESV
(7) All who hate me whisper together about me; they imagine the worst for me.
(8) They say, "A deadly thing is poured out on him; he will not rise again from where he lies."
(9) Even my close friend in whom I trusted, who ate my bread, has lifted his heel against me.


It's pretty incredible that so many of these foreshadowings in the Old Testament have clear fulfillment in the new. That doesn't even account for clear prophecies of Jesus. There are two ways to think about these fulfillments. One is that the New Testament was written so that it would appear like the Old was fulfilled. The other is to believe that it actually happened.

I worship a God who is sovereign and can make prophecies come true. I hope you do too.

No comments: