Friday, November 03, 2006

Being a Flaky Friend

I had to blow off a friend for a planned activity tomorrow. He is going to the Airborne & Special Forces Museum in Fayetteville tomorrow. If I do go my day would be pretty busy with grocery shopping, some chores I want to accomplish, and then roughly 2 1/2 hours in a car with a museum visit tucked in. Amanda and I are going to a small group leaders appreciation dinner tomorrow night at 6:30. That means that I'd be on the go all day once again.

What occurs to me is that Amanda and Lily are going to a birthday party at 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. I'll have a quiet house to myself for a couple of hours! That seems like an opportunity too good to pass up. Maybe I'll play my guitar. Maybe I'll play some video games and make progress on Ace Combat 5. Maybe I'll read something besides my textbooks for a change. The house will be my oyster for at least a couple of hours!

I think this museum would be a good place to go with my dad the next time he visits. We'll do that and some wineries, I think.

On a side note, I wonder if composing a blog entry gives the impression to my coworkers that I'm working on something. They certainly hear plenty of typing. I wonder if doing student emails gives the same impression.

1 comment:

DirkStar said...

H-m-m-m-m... Slacking, have you ever been to visit the church of the sub-genuis? Careful about the emails and stuff at work, big brother is watching.