Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Going to Cleveland

We're taking the big trip up to Cleveland tomorrow in anticipation of spending Thanksgiving with my mom. The trip itself never a lot of fun, but it will be good to visit with my mom and Ernie. It will also be good to see our new nieces as well as my stepbrothers and their wives.

I find that my mind has to do a lot of switching around when I see both sides of the family too close to each other. Spending a couple of days with my mom leads to a certain way of living and behaving, while spending time with my stepbrothers leads to a different way. Neither is right or wrong, but they are different. Things certainly feel a lot calmer with my stepbrothers.

What's bizarre is that the weather in Cleveland is supposed to be better than it will be here. It's supposed to be in the 50s and sunny. I'll take that every time.

I just hope that Amanda and I have good attitudes through all of this. It's so easy not to sometimes...

1 comment:

DirkStar said...

Just wanted to stop by and say Happy Thanksgiving!



And, end the war in Iraq before Christmas!


Hey, enjoy the time with family. You never know how much you miss it until it is gone...