Friday, January 19, 2007

Not Quite as Excited

I remember the excitement I had when I started the fall semester at seminary. I guess that the new car smell has worn off a little bit. Sometimes I forget to be excited by the fact that I will be able to more or less read New Testament Greek by Easter. I only have a few more verb tenses to learn and then it's on to participles. Perhaps the problem is that it's starting to feel a tad overwhelming. I have what I think is a good study schedule, but now I need to discipline myself to stick with it.

I'm also a bit daunted by the prospect of writing my validation papers for 1 Corinthians. I was excited about this a week ago and eager to dive into the research. But now I just want to do comfortable stuff like the play my guitar.

This all goes to show that the flesh really is weak. And right now I'm not sure how willing the spirit is either. But I do know that I made a commitment and that is not something that I take lightly.

No comments: