Saturday, July 08, 2006

Getting Started

My textbooks arrived on Thursday and of course I have been anxious to look at them. I was particularly excited to start looking at the Greek book. I keep seeing warnings from the author explaining that it is difficult to learn Greek, but with time and discipline it can be done. He also explained that we really need to learn it with the intent of getting more out of God's Word. I'm glad that's my goal.

He reassured us by stating that learning Greek is not easy, but it's probably easier than learning German. And as I see our friends learn Hungarian, I figure that I have it pretty easy by comparison. He also said that it was easier than learning Hebrew. I know that's coming too...

What I find difficult is not skipping around. I need to stay focused on my summer class. I've got to finish Mere Christianity first. Then I've got my new books on apologetics to read. But I figure that I should probably start working on my letters with the Greek book. And it probably wouldn't hurt for me to spend some time with the CD. There is so much theory to learning a language and I know that I just need to dive in and get started.

No comments: