Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fellowship

Out of laziness I decided not to pack my lunch this morning. Today is the last day of the month and I had some money left from my allowance, so I thought a trip for Eastern NC BBQ at Clyde Cooper's was just the thing. I emailed my friend Byron who is similarly disillusioned with his job at a rival bank and we agreed to meet.

This lunch reminded me of just how badly I need to have more close male friends. It's great that Amanda and I talk a lot. I really appreciate my small group as well. However, I think it's hard for me to get quite as deep in my small group because I'm a leader there. It was great to meet with a like-minded friend and talk about work, family, and what we're doing for the kingdom.

I need to figure out a way to make this happen more often. It doesn't necessarily have to be with Byron every time, but I do need to make time for deep fellowship.

No comments: