Thursday, October 09, 2008

Being Mentored

I met with the new director of mentoring at my seminary this evening. I told him my story of how I came to know Jesus, about finding freedom from sexual sin, and about how I came to Shepherds. He is an older man who clearly has a lot of wisdom. He also has a very gracious manner and was a pleasure to talk to.

He said that he got a call for someone to preach at a small Baptist church around the corner this Sunday and asked if I wanted to do it. I was thrilled at the offer, but mom is coming in this weekend so I had a legitimate excuse. It was very encouraging to hear him say that he thinks I should be doing some pulpit supply preaching.

It's also terrifying to me. However, this is what I'm being trained for. I just have to "bring it" and let the Holy Spirit work in people's hearts. Of course, I will certainly blog about any preaching opportunity I might get. Please pray for me.

No comments: