Sunday, October 19, 2008

A People Set Free

Psalms 102:18-22 ESV
(18) Let this be recorded for a generation to come, so that a people yet to be created may praise the LORD:
(19) that he looked down from his holy height; from heaven the LORD looked at the earth,
(20) to hear the groans of the prisoners, to set free those who were doomed to die,
(21) that they may declare in Zion the name of the LORD, and in Jerusalem his praise,
(22) when peoples gather together, and kingdoms, to worship the LORD.


If you are a Gentile and you know Jesus then this passage is for you. We are the people yet to be created. Yet God in His mercy chose us to worship Him.

This is a reminder that I would do well to meditate upon. I was a prisoner in a variety of ways. At the most basic level, I was dead to my sins in an Ephesians 2:1-10 way. I was also dead in the specific sins of gluttony, laziness, and lust. Yet God set me free so that I might worship Him. I certainly couldn't worship Him before He set me free. I could go through the motions, but it was definitely not coming from my heart.

No comments: