Saturday, March 25, 2006

Feeling Locked In

I've written several articles about a sense of ennui I have in life. I sometimes get a sense that there is more that I could be or should be doing. Or maybe I should be doing something else. That feels particularly strong with work, but it applies to ministry as well. Our church is a big, vibrant place. There is a lot going on and sometimes I wonder if I should be more involved there.

Recently I got a note from the head of Setting Captives Free thanking me for the job I'm doing as the Executive Director of The Lord's Table. It's always nice to get a pat on the back and be told that you're doing a good job. But what it really reinforces is my firm belief that I'm in the right place and doing the right thing for me right now. I do want to hang onto it with a loose grip because I never know where God may lead me. But it does give me a nice reassuring feeling that I'm doing the right thing. You can't really put a price tag on that!

No comments: