Sunday, March 05, 2006

Where Do I Scan?


My company installed some new security doors going into and out of the cafeteria. This is a good thing because anyone could wander into the cafeteria from the reception area and then innocently "piggy-back" their way into the general building. They set up these doors that only let one person through at a time. If more than one person tries to go through they make an extremely unpleasant squeal and they slam shut.

Unfortunately, this photo shows the problem with leaving a small table too close to the badge reader.

I realize that I work with computers for a living. My litmus test for technology is typically the "mom" test. My mom is not particularly savvy with computers, but she usually can follow clear instructions as long as no steps get ommitted from those instructions. I don't think my mom would try to swipe her card over the table.

Compassion Jason...compassion...

No comments: