Monday, October 23, 2006

More Little Things

The little things seem to make or break the day sometimes. This morning as I came into work I thought I might have one of those rare times when I don't have to break stride to get into the office. Unfortunately, I missed the sweet spot on the card reader and had to go back to scan it again. That wasn't a big deal.

But what was a big deal was when I discovered that the cleaning crew threw my yogurt out, despite my compliance to the instructions for what must be done to ensure this doesn't happen. I spoke to one of our facilities managers about it and he said that they're instructed to throw everything out, whether we have it labeled or not. I suggested that he let everyone know that the stickers on the fridge are meaningless, but he didn't seem too interested in doing that. So I had to spend $2 this morning on breakfast. I wasn't happy about that.

Obvously $2 is not that big of a deal. But it's frustrating when something like that changes. If I came in one morning with a different PC I could deal with that because it's the Bank's property, not mine. But it's annoying when they throw out my yogurt. Now I need a new plan for how I'm going to do breakfast.

Not a good start to the week. I'm glad that my theology test went pretty well. More on that later.

No comments: