Thursday, October 05, 2006

Teeming with Teamwork

Here in Raleigh we've enjoyed some spectacular weather this week. Every day has been in the low to mid 80s and it gets down to the 50's at night. We've had the house open for days and it's felt pretty good, though a bit warm at night for sleeping. Unfortunately, it's supposed to start raining late tonight and continue through tomorrow.

We have our team picnic planned for this Saturday. However, it's only supposed to be 62 on Saturday, which means it will only be high 50s when the picnic begins at 11:00 AM. We're counting on a big grassy area as the focal point of the fun activities for both grown-ups and kids. We've decided to postpone the picnic because of the weather.

What's funny is that we all seemed just a little too eager to postpone. At least, maybe I was a little too eager. I think it's something that we all thought was a good idea, but maybe we don't have our hearts into it. I'm sure Lily would have fun with it, but I suspect we can do something else that will be fun.

Maybe I'm just projecting, but it's the vibe I get. I suspect that this isn't the first office picnic that was scrapped like this...

No comments: