Monday, January 21, 2008

The Conviction of Tozer

As I've written before, I get the Tozer Daily Devotionals sent to my email. I realize that I may not always agree with Tozer on every jot and tittle of theology, but I can't get around the conviction that some of these send my way. This past week has been on the virtues of solitude. I realize how little time I have where I can just "be". I don't journal, though I feel like I probably should. I don't have a vibrant prayer life, though I do spend some time with God every day. I just feel like I either need to stay on the bullet points or else I need to open up the flood gates. In the same way, I am very faithful about my daily Bible reading, but I don't go deeper or wider.

Then again, I do have my time out jogging 3-4 times/week where I do have meditative time. I don't quite feel like I'm a spiritual train wreck about to happen anymore either. Again, I guess the pursuit of more is good.

It feels like I've written this exact post about a hundred times. If anyone out there has any ideas about this subject I am all ears (or eyes, as the case may be).

No comments: