Tuesday, January 08, 2008

A Short Funny

My Theology and World Religions class began last night. It kept me from getting to Bill & Tiffany's house until 9:30, but we eventually caught up to reality with the game. I was disappointed after OSU's strong start, but last year helped me learn how to deal with defeats more easily. I'm not happy that I now owe a coworker lunch though.

Last night in class we were talking about the groundbreaking for the Hindu temple in Cary. Apparently they buried an idol that was appropriate the community which will eventually become the centerpiece of their worship. Our professor asked what would be an appropriate idol for Cary. I said, "prosperity," which was the right answer, but I was thinking something else. As he told the story there was a pause and I interjected, "So they don't have a god of uniform architecture?" which got some chuckles around the class.

If there is one thing we value in Cary, it's our uniform architecture.

No comments: