Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

It's time to restart the bible reading plan. I'm using this one with my little compact ESV. The problem is that I can't find a calendar for it anywhere online, so I'm going to transcribe what is in my bible into a spreadsheet. Amanda has indicated some interest in joining me in it this year.

Edit: The good folks with the ESV have posted all their reading plans here.

I really like the idea of going through the Psalms twice in a year. As I read through my daily readings I realize that I need to work a little harder at these familiar passages. It feels like seminary has really beaten Genesis 1-3 into me almost ad nauseum. It bothers me that I can get to complacent and bored with Scripture. It is God's revelation to us, after all.

I am getting more accustomed to praying for help with my attitude. It is not easy, but it feels good.

No comments: