Monday, January 07, 2008

Galatians in Greek

I decided that I didn't want to get too rusty over the Christmas break, so I started reading through Galatians in my Greek New Testament. What I'm finding is that I'm just glad when I can translate what I'm reading. I'm happy just to parse the verbs correctly. What disappoints me is that the finer nuances that we learned last semester are pretty much lost on me. I have no idea if a certain dative is instrumental, for example. I'm still translating like a first-year student. I sure hope that this semester helps to firm things up a bit.

On a completely different note, I am very excited about OSU's chance at the National Championship tonight. It's going to be tough to sit through class while this is going on. Fortunately, Bill is going to DVR it. Here's hoping that things go better than last year.

No comments: