Saturday, July 11, 2009

Leadership

Jeremiah 12:10-11
(10) Many shepherds have destroyed my vineyard; they have trampled down my portion; they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
(11) They have made it a desolation; desolate, it mourns to me. The whole land is made desolate, but no man lays it to heart.


This gives me pause as someone who wants to be a leader in a church someday. I do not want to be described like these shepherds. The men who led Judah led them into the desolation that came with breaking God's covenant. Yes, the people were accountable for knowing the Torah too, but this shows us that God singled out the leaders.

This is why it is so important for us as leaders to remain faithful to Scripture. It's also vital for us to have a good relationship with the Lord. How can we introduce people to someone we do not know? How can we lead people to a place we have not been? This all reminds me that I need to step up my zeal and remain focused on the task of pursuing God.

No comments: