Sunday, July 05, 2009

Preach It

Jeremiah 4:19
(19) My anguish, my anguish! I writhe in pain! Oh the walls of my heart! My heart is beating wildly; I cannot keep silent, for I hear the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.


This is a theme that we will see again in Jeremiah. He had such a burning for holiness and for God that he could not keep silent as he saw destruction approaching. I think of a few men in our day who have such a heart for holiness. Though it may make them unpopular they keep on sounding the alarm of impending doom.

This is not to say that we need to focus all of our energy on "watchblogging" or on calling out the ills of society. However, I think it is fair for us to expect God's people to act like God's people. I am tired of making concessions for sin in my own life and in the lives of others. As I wrote yesterday, I am working on getting the old zeal back. A passion for holiness is a good start.

No comments: