Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Continued Discontent

I'm trying to fight the malaise at work, but I'm afraid it's a losing battle right now. As I came in from the parking lot I was thinking about how I look so forward to lunch each day. It's certainly not because of the haute cuisine that I pack. I think it's because lunch is the time of day when I can do what I care about and not feel guilty about it.

I spend too much time on SCF email and reading various blogs and news items. I get enough work done, but I know I could do more. I just lack any fire for it these days. I want so much more to be in ministry where I am thinking about how I can help people grow to be more like Jesus. I also would like to spend more time thinking about how I could be more like Him.

I suppose part of that is shutting up and just doing my job like a good solidier. This is definitely a work of grace in my life. I'd better not let up on the prayers.

I realize that this is not the first such post I've written. Sorry for the recurring theme, but I guess that's what journaling is all about.

No comments: