Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Continuing the Journey

I attended Journey to Jerusalem for the third straight week today. Today's text was very simple:

Psa 22:1 KJV
(1) My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [why art thou so] far from helping me, [and from] the words of my roaring?


I know that I have read this too casually too many times. It is impossible for us to comprehend the perfect fellowship that Jesus had with the Father. Yet on the cross God turned His face from God so that we might have life. He was actually able to forsake His Son so that we could have life in Him. He did this with my sin in mind. If you are in Christ He did this with your sin in mind too.

Think about that for a while. If God the Father had wanted to He could have sent a legion of angels to rescue Jesus, but He didn't do that. Then in the end He had to turn His face from Jesus because He could not bear to look at my sin that was upon Him.

If that doesn't give you a clear picture of Christ's love I don't know what will.

No comments: