Monday, March 24, 2008

Getting Greek

I think that it is finally starting to click a little bit. We're doing Colossians in my small group and this week we're going to do Col 1:1-14. Lately our church has been doing an inductive study of the Sermon on the Mount. I had a hard time getting into the mechanics of it though. I enjoyed the discussion and I think it was valuable, but connecting the verbs and the objects seemed like tedious busywork.

I am willing to hear arguments that my attitude demonstrates a lack of humility on my part. However, I find that I spend a lot of time thinking about this stuff when I'm in Greek class. I don't think that putting a bunch of pretty colors on the page is going to solve anything for me. What I did instead was make a block diagram of the passage in Greek. I need to take another look at it before we meet tomorrow morning, but I think that this is going to be helpful for me. At the very least it is going to give me some good practice in making diagrams and reading Greek.

It's funny that I can do that but I am having a hard time finishing my reading of 1 Cor 14 that I need to do for class. I really need to get ahead in class as I have a very busy April ahead of me.

No comments: