Thursday, March 06, 2008

Staying on the Journey

As I wrote last week, I have been going to the Journey to Jerusalem at Tupper Memorial Baptist Church in Raleigh. And, as I wrote, this is a completely different experience for me. This week was more edifying because I was more prepared for what I was about to experience. It was a great message about what it means to behold Jerusalem as Jesus did at the time of the Triumphal Entry. He also made the point about how Jesus lost everything right after the parade.


What’s really cool about this service is that I have been inviting coworkers to it. There are a lot of people who stay busy on Sundays and likely would not come to my church, but they are coming to this service. I joking think, “Come for the spectacle, stay for the gospel.”


As things stand right now, this service is one of the highlights of my work week. I now think of those Wednesday lunch services like the top of the first hill on the rollercoaster.

No comments: