Saturday, January 31, 2009

Conviction in the Psalms

Psalms 62:5-8
(5) For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him.
(6) He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.
(7) On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
(8) Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah.


Is it just me, or does reading this bring you conviction too? I read of the deep faith that the Psalmists had in God and I see just how badly mine pales in comparison. I know intellectually that these things are true. However, in my heart of hearts I know that I don't always live like I believe this. I get worried about money. I get caught up in the acquisition of stuff. I become more concerned with getting what I want from Amanda and the kids than from the always-providing God I worship.

It's a good reminder to me of just how pervasive faith should be in life. My prayer is for this Psalm to be my testimony too.

No comments: