Sunday, January 04, 2009

The Reason for Freedom

Psalms 9:13-14
(13) Be gracious to me, O LORD! See my affliction from those who hate me, O you who lift me up from the gates of death,
(14) that I may recount all your praises, that in the gates of the daughter of Zion I may rejoice in your salvation.


Why does God set sinners like me free? Why does He care about me and take care of me? He does it so that I may recount His praises. He does it so that He might be glorified in my witness about Him. I have a story to tell of God's goodness and love in my life. If I don't tell others about it then there is really very little reason for it. Otherwise it is all about me, and that is not what God had in mind when He set me free.

Of course, I get to enjoy the benefits of freedom, but I can't let it be all about me. I've got to sing His praises.

No comments: