Friday, January 30, 2009

Parable Project One

My parables class has two assignments. One is supposed to be a devotional suitable for a Sunday School class and the other will be more scholarly. I did the first on the Parable of the Persistent Widow in Luke 18:1-8. You can read the fruit of this here. It's a pretty short read really. I'm not happy with what Google Docs does to the formatting, but you'll get the gist of it.

For what it's worth, I got a 98 on it. My professor rightly pointed out that I didn't do much with the idea of "justice" other than mentioning it. I don't post my grade to boast, but to give my work at least some measure of trustworthiness. The main thing I wanted to fight was the whole prosperity nonsense that so many seem to take from this parable.

I hope that this is somewhat edifying for you.

No comments: