Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Using the System

Acts 25:10-11
(10) But Paul said, "I am standing before Caesar's tribunal, where I ought to be tried. To the Jews I have done no wrong, as you yourselves know very well.
(11) If then I am a wrongdoer and have committed anything for which I deserve to die, I do not seek to escape death. But if there is nothing to their charges against me, no one can give me up to them. I appeal to Caesar."


It seems to me that Paul wanted the Roman government to take him to Rome so that he could preach the gospel there. He used the system to his advantage since he could have been acquitted. He knew what would happen to him there, but he went anyway. He did this all for the sake of the gospel.

Are you looking for little things that could help you to spread the gospel? I don't just mean leaving tracts around, but actually talking to people about it? Maybe Facebook would help. I don't know. All I do know is that Paul had quite an opportunistic approach to sharing the gospel.

I think of this sort of thing with my running. It was bitter cold this Saturday morning (below 20) and I didn't go out. I was not happy about it though. There are other times when I'm happy for the excuse to sleep in. I want to be in the mindset where I want to do the hard thing and am upset when I can't. The reverse is what my flesh desires. That goes just as much for sharing the gospel.

2 comments:

Zombie said...

Good blog. He also changed his appearance to open up a new group to "missionary" to.

Jason said...

Yep. This is one of the reasons why I am a Mark Driscoll apologist.