Wednesday, May 06, 2009

He Has a Plan

Job 23:10-14
(10) But he knows the way that I take; when he has tried me, I shall come out as gold.
(11) My foot has held fast to his steps; I have kept his way and have not turned aside.
(12) I have not departed from the commandment of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my portion of food.
(13) But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back? What he desires, that he does.
(14) For he will complete what he appoints for me, and many such things are in his mind.


Job was going through more than most of us will ever face. Yet through it all he trusted God. The thing that strikes me is how Job saw the value of his suffering. He realized that it would refine him to be more pure. Job had a right view of it.

There are some who might say that Job lacked faith and that is why he was suffering. In fact, he had three friends telling him how his suffering was a result of sin. I'm not sure how Joel Osteen handles the book of Job or if he has even read it. I wonder why Job didn't exercise his "comeback power?"

Verses 13 and 14 give me both fear and comfort. God has a plan and it will not change. God will do what He wills. Job's response shows me that our job is to remain faithful.

No comments: