Friday, May 01, 2009

Revealing His Greatness

Ezekiel 38:21-23
(21) I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Lord GOD. Every man's sword will be against his brother.
(22) With pestilence and bloodshed I will enter into judgment with him, and I will rain upon him and his hordes and the many peoples who are with him torrential rains and hailstones, fire and sulfur.
(23) So I will show my greatness and my holiness and make myself known in the eyes of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.


It's one thing to read a lot of John Piper and say that God is zealous for His glory. However, it's quite another to read a lot of Scripture and see the same thing over and over and over again. If you are a regular reader of this blog I hope that you are not getting tired of this. I'm not and I'm going to keep banging this drum.

I know that I desperately need to get my focus off of myself and on to God's glory. We're not having the best day here. There isn't anything terrible happening, but there are some things happening around us that are affecting us emotionally. It's not been the best day and it's easy for me to mope. However, if I remember passages like this I can get the focus off of myself and on to the Lord where it belongs.

Where is your focus? Are you concerned about how God is working for you or are you zealous for His glory above all else?

No comments: