Monday, April 17, 2006

He is Risen!

I've had an Easter blog on my mind for a while, but haven't taken the time to write it. I'm learning to love Easter more and more each year. Christmas gets so much publicity, but Easter is what it's really all about. Any religion can celebrate its founder's birth, but only Christians can celebrate its founder's resurrection.

There are so many out there who cling to this idea that God is in the middle of a circle and there are many spokes that get us there. But if that were true then God must be the worst child abuser in history for what He put Christ through. And if Jesus was not the Son of God then He has to have been a lunatic or a liar. He can't just be a nice man who taught peace and love.

The thought that kept coming back to me all weekend was how blessed we are to know how the story ends up. I think of Peter as he fled from Jesus in the garden and then couldn't stand up to a servant girl. How low he must have been through Saturday! They still didn't really understand what happened there on the cross. They must have just been lost and wondering what would happen next. And then there was the empty grave!

Do we really get it? I don't think I really do and won't until I go home to the Lord. But I do want to understand it more and more all the time. By "it" I mean just what happened on that cross and just how much Jesus loves me. I couldn't imagine seeing my daughter catch a cold for someone else's sake much less have her die for the sins of the world.

No comments: