Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Life is Good

With all of the morose musings I post so often, I thought it might be nice to recognize how wonderful life can be sometimes. It is a crisp 45 degrees outside, but with the window open here in the basement I get a little chilliness that reminds me of mornings in El Sobrante. I also can smell that wonderful spring smell. It's supposed to be around 70 today.

Amanda started a new exercise program where I am waking her at 6:00 AM for her to start walking. She seems to be embracing the idea of a routine for doing this and recognizes that by 6:30 to 7:30 AM when Lily wakes it will already start getting too warm for walking in the summer. Plus it's unpredictable and that doesn't fit in with the small group she leads or MOPS. We enjoyed breakfast together as a family today. I've got a pot of decaf going upstairs and am really enjoying that too.

On top of all this, I get to work from home today. I have some reading I want to do as well as some experimenting with Monad scripting.

So, as long as nothing major breaks at the office and I don't do anything stupid, today is shaping up to be a splendid day. The pessimist in me tells me not to jinx it. As a Christian I know that this is when Satan likes to attack. I want to enjoy today in a God-glorifying way.

Now to determine why Lily keeps calling for me...

No comments: