Thursday, May 11, 2006

Forward Thinking

Well, we finally made it. Today is day 19 and our first day of solid food after 16 days of nothing but juice. Looking back I don't tend to focus so much on the tough days, but I know that I had them. I'm glad that I blogged about them as a reminder of just how fickle this flesh can be.

Today reminds me of how nice it is to have something to look forward to. I've been looking forward to today for a while, but of course actually getting here isn't as great as the anticipation. Nothing ever is. As I look ahead to my upcoming year I see:

Today - eating
Saturday - day with Lily starting with breakfast
Sunday - Mother's Day and hopefully a picnic if the weather is good
Tuesday - Ethiopian food
May 29 - day off for Memorial Day
June - Beach trip
July - SCF conference in Cleveland
August - Trip to KC to visit dad
September - Natalie's wedding
October - Columbus Day
November - Thanksgiving
December - Birthday and Christmas

I like having things to look forward to. And I think this is what separates Christians from everyone else. We all like to look forward to something. I'm glad that these things are not all that I've got. I really look forward to an eternity with God more than anything. And that's what gets me through a fast or any other trial.

No comments: